Mesquite Sewer Cleaning & Backup Services
Cleaning and flushing your sewer lines is an important plumbing maintenance task. As a homeowner, you don’t want to wait until it’s too late. Dealing with sewer back-up issues is time-consuming, unsanitary and unpleasant. If you are experiencing sewer backup in your home or office, call the professional plumbers at Moore’s Plumbing Mesquite. We know how to stop an overflowing toilet, how to fix sewer back-up and how to clean up the area so you don’t have to.
Important Steps to Take if You’re Experiencing Sewer Back-Up
- If any appliances or electrical wires are near the area of back-up, standing water or wet materials it is important power is turned off immediately
- Do not come into contact with any sewage contaminated areas unless you are wearing appropriate protective clothing and equipment.
- Turn off running water, stop the toilet from flushing etc. in order to stop continued sewage entry
- Open windows and doors
- Call a plumbing company as soon as possible. Proper repairs and cleaning need to be made to ensure longevity.
Plumbing Maintenance - How Often Should You Sewer Lines Be Cleaned?
Generally, homeowners leave sewer maintenance until it’s too late. You can prevent the smelly, unsanitary and unpleasant issue of a blocked sewer line by having your lines cleaned periodically.
Business owners should consider having their sewer lines cleaned ever 18 to 24 months. This helps ensure pipes are free from debris and running in good condition. Homeowners should consider having their sewer lines cleaned once every two years.
Signs of Early Sewer Blockage
If you think your sewer might be showing signs of a backup or blockage, it’s important to call a plumber right away. Below are some signs that usually indicate there is a problem with your plumbing or sewer lines.
- Drains are clogging or slow to drain
- Gurgling sound coming from drains
- Water in your yard near your sewer line
If you suspect you have a clogged or backed up sewer, or would like to learn more about sewer cleaning and maintenance, call Moore’s Plumbing Mesquite. We’d love to hear from you. Call us at 972-342-3709.